One evening during our trip Copenhagen last year, a friend explained to me that they liked to keep a sort of bank of happy things in their mind. This idea really appealed to me and since then I have done the same; making a note to remember the little things in life that make me happy, however briefly.
In an attempt to record these for myself, and maybe help others to recognise the joy in the little things, I am going to post some of these ‘Pieces of Goodness’ per month and hopefully by the end of the year we will have our own bank of happiness.
I would really love it if some readers could submit their own ideas of those everyday occurrences that just feel good, as I don’t know how many I can think up myself and it would be nice to see what gives others this feeling.
- An unexpected text message.
- The perfect song coming on shuffle.
- When the green man comes as soon as you get to the light.
- Unrequested food being brought to you.
- Bagpipes on Burn’s Night (maybe that one’s just going to be me).
- Letters with stamps and handwriting.
- A welcomed compliment from a stranger.
- The scent of a freshly blown out candle.
- Warming frozen fingers on a drink.
- Someone commenting on your blog 😉